The construction sector accounts for almost one quarter of French greenhouse gas emissions.
As the European leader in real-estate asset management and consulting, AEW Europe is naturally committed to implementing a real-world sustainable development policy.
Its commitment is seen in its pro-active environment policy, under which we:
- Raise awareness amongst staff and promote the policy within the organisation
- Promote and encourage the commitment of our partners, clients and suppliers;
- Integration of environmental sensitivity in all our decision-making and processes
In 2010, the AEW Europe executive board adopted a five-year plan in favour of sustainable development, under which the company pledged:
- to comply with current environmental regulations on a pan-European level
- to take part in developing renewable energy development
- to launch a diagnostic programme on the environmental impact and enhancement of assets managed in France, thus meeting the requirements of the "Grenelle" environmental initiative (application of the Green Rating, energy audits, systematic assessment of the potential of Energy Savings Certificates (ESC), monitoring of buildings' environmental performances, etc.);
- to obtain environmental and energy certifications for its heavy construction and renovation projects.
Alongside major players in the real estate market, AEW Europe also takes part in the main task forces and working groups (e.g., Green Rating, Afilog and RICS), which have at heart the advancement of environmental standards.
AEW has since 2008 been a founding member of an innovative initiative, Green Rating, through which it is helping set environment standards for the Logistics and Shopping Centre sectors.
AEW is a signatory to the United Nations Global Pact and Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).